Some advice and wording for writing a job description about being an ambassador on TAP.
Recruiting a diverse group of motivated ambassadors is essential for making your use of TAP successful!
Here is some information and wording that might help you recruit ambassadors.
We see a lot of different names, with 'Digital Ambassadors' and 'TAP Ambassadors' being the most common.
Please free free to edit this text:
As a <Digital Ambassador>, you'll be representing our institution through our online channels. You'll be creating and sharing content about your experiences, and you'll be chatting with prospects through an app on your phone. As an ambassador, you'll be acting as a hybrid between being a journalist/spokesperson/influencer, representing our institution from wherever you are currently, all from your mobile phone. An added bonus of this role is that you'll build up a data-driven reference which will reflect the work you've done and the skills you've developed which you can use on your resume.
You may also wish to explain who your prospective audience will be.
List of activities
You may decide that some ambassadors will not be activated for all features, in which case, not all of the following activities will be relevant:
Setup and training:
You will be required to download a mobile application onto your personal phone for this job. <Mention any specifics about training you may be including>.
- To produce creative online content in the form of short videos and/or photos in order to showcase an authentic view of life at <institution name>. This could for example include content around the campus, the surrounding city, clubs/societies you're a part of, and your general experience and day-to-day life here. This content could then be used on our website, social media and other marketing channels.
Answering frequently asked questions to build up ambassador-led content on our website.
Have a profile on our website where your captioned photos and videos, as well as your answers to frequently asked questions, will live.
Through this profile, prospects can start chat conversations with you to learn more about your experiences. These chat messages will be delivered securely via the mobile application on your phone and can be monitored by staff members from an Admin Dashboard.
- To develop an awareness of the institution's wide range of courses and information about the unique experience here, and act as a positive influence to the prospects you will be speaking with.
The amount of time each of your ambassadors will spend on the platform depends on many factors. The below answer is for a 'typical' university use case. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you'd like to discuss this for your setup specifically.
The expectation is that you will receive on average two chat conversations from prospective students per week and you will create a minimum of 2 photos or video posts per week.
This should result in 1-2 hours of work per week which is tracked automatically by the application based on your activities.
Benefits for students<Please alter or remove if the role is not aimed at student ambassadors>.
- Gain valuable experience to add to your CV.
- Obtain an automated and personalised career reference
- Flexible working arrangements
- Play a closer role in the development and representation of our community, being part of a fantastic and supported team
- Regular, fun team meetings
- Training will be provided on using The Ambassador Platform's mobile app
- Positively influence and support 1000s of students across the world make a life-changing decision about their education
How to apply
Complete our short application form and tell us why you would make a great <Digital Ambassador>, drawing on any relevant experience and skills you may have. You will also be required to submit an answer to the question <insert question> in the form of either a long, written answer or a short video. Be creative!
We hope this is useful. If you'd like any more information or help on this subject, please get in touch 😊