This article will show you how to respond to messages in The Ambassador Platform app, and talk you through the Chat menu options.
As an ambassador, you have a unique insight into your institution and what makes it stand out in the crowd. Prospective applicants will be keen to ask you questions and hear all about your experiences, and they can do this using TAP Chat. TAP Chat is a messaging service that connects you with prospects to help them get the answers to all their burning questions.
All messages will be sent directly to your TAP app in real time for you to respond to. By clicking on the 3rd icon in the bottom menu on the app, you will be taken to a screen showing all the 1-2-1 conversations and Group Chats that you are currently a part of. It will look something like this:
Once you click into a message, you can start replying by typing in the box at the bottom of the screen. You also have a range of handy tools to hand if you click in the hamburger menu in the top right of the screen:
1. Prospect Information - this is where you can find out more information about the person you are speaking to.
2. Invite Admin - you can invite an admin into conversations if you are unable to answer a question.
3. Add Ambassador - similarly, you can invite other ambassadors into a conversation if they are better placed to respond to a question.
4. Report a Conversation - if a prospect is behaving inappropriately on the platform or sending spam messages, you should flag this to your TAP admin by clicking on the 'report a conversation' button. You will be asked to give your reasons for reporting the prospect and once submitted, the conversation will be closed so no further messages can be sent by you or the prospect.
5. Leave Conversation - if you have invited an admin or ambassador into a conversation, you may then wish to leave the conversation.
6. Close Conversation - once a conversation has reached its natural conclusion, it's best practice to close the conversation down. You can reopen a conversation at any point by going back into hamburger menu and clicking on the 'open conversation' button.
It is best practice to get into the habit of leaving feedback on the prospects you are speaking to. This information can help the staff members at your institution find out more about the individuals you have been speaking to, so that they can tailor any follow up emails to suit their needs and interests.
By clicking on the speech bubble button in the top right, you can share some insights into:
1. How likely a prospect is to apply to your institution.
2. Any notes from the conversation you've had with them. You could include information around the subject or course the prospect is interested in for example, or if the prospect has raised any potential barriers to applying to your institution.
We hope you enjoy your time on the platform and have fun using TAP Chat! If you have any questions regarding anything contained in this email, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.