This article describes best practice for setting up your TAP Feed.
Your TAP Feed is an iFrame widget that you embed on a new page of your website where your ambassador profiles, posts and FAQs live in a searchable format. It is the home of your ambassadors and their content on your website. To read more about what a TAP Feed is, read this article.
To create your TAP Feed, we'd recommend the following steps:
Create a brand new page on your website and call it "www.yourdomain.com/chat-to-our-ambassadors" or something similar.
Give the page full width by removing sidebars so the iFrame widget can take advantage of the page. If this isn't possible, check how it looks on different screen sizes and get in touch with our support team if you need help
On the TAP Feed settings section of the Admin Dashboard, enter the domain at which your TAP Feed will sit, for example, "https://www.yourdomain.com". This is an important security step that ensures that your TAP Feed can only be loaded from your institution's website
4. Set your TAP Feed configuration for how you'd like the page to display, customizing your headings and description text as below:
5. Add drop-down filters to include a preset range of drop-down options. There are set options including:
Countries (automatically detects the nationalities of ambassadors live on your TAP Feed)
Profile type (shows options to filter by student, staff, alumni, parent, advisor, etc)
You can also add custom drop-downs.
Courses/job titles/teams and country drop-downs are used quite widely by our customers. A nice third option is to set up a custom key topics drop down, to cover areas that your prospects typically search for. You're welcome to add drop-down filters once you have built up more FAQs and content.
Find out more about how to set up custom drop-downs using our tagging feature.
6. If you haven't already, make sure you've set your brand colors in the branding section of the Admin Dashboard's settings.
7. Add your domain to the Content Security Policy. This will ensure that your TAP Feed and any promotions to your TAP Feed can only be embedded on domains that you have approved.
8. Preview your TAP Feed and embed the iFrame widget code on the website page you've created if you're happy with how it looks.
9. Finally, you might like to add keywords to the metadata on the page to improve its SEO on Google; this makes it easier for applicants to find and, ultimately, to talk to your community.
talk to ambassadors
talk to staff
We hope this is useful. Please do get in touch if you need any help. We're always available via our customer support chat in the Admin Dashboard 😊