Starting a new life overseas can be daunting. The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) wanted to offer future students a window into their unique student experience. They were looking for a way for prospective students to hear from their peers and find out what it’s like to study at Australia’s number one young university.
Conversion rates have increased from 13% to 25% in just 6 months
While prospective international students talk to offshore staff or local education agents about their study abroad dreams, they rarely get to speak to students who are already studying. The Ambassador Platform (TAP) was the solution to connect future learners with the community at UTS.
“While TAP was an initiative the international and domestic marketing teams employed to support during the pandemic, post-pandemic it has by far exceeded our expectations. It is such a game changer, particularly for those who have never been to our innovative and creative learning spaces before."
- Over 50 students, staff, and alumni.
- International, national, and pathways account combined to create a diverse portfolio of ambassadors.
- Over 39,000 messages exchanged over the past 18 months (that's an average of 80 messages/day)
- Since UTS implemented TAP more strategically across their advertising funnel, they’ve seen an improved conversion rate (page view to account created) from 13% in H1 2021 to up to 25% in H2 2021
- 8% of leads started their UTS journey via TAP in 2021 and 140 of those applied and/or enrolled within the next 12 months
"We are very excited to be building upon our successes of the past two years by utilizing the platform's new features and capabilities. Just recently, we combined our domestic, international, and pathways accounts into one to allow future learners to choose from a diverse and inclusive community of over 50 students, staff, and alumni. We are very proud of offering a united experience across domestic and international which is in line with UTS’s student-centric approach. It is our priority to deliver a user-friendly experience that is relevant and engaging."
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you tell prospects what it's really like to be part of your institution then why not book a demo of The Ambassador Platform?